12/14/2008

gauging Sylvi cardigan

Just a quick note if you like the idea of a Sylvi cardigan just as much as I do. I noticed this while knitting and am very happy that my gauge is off and I didn't try too hard to get gauge.
I'm not completely done with the back yet but since the main pattern is the back and I realized this I feel I should keep this in mind and note somewhere.

It's a really good idea to have more stitches per inch than the original pattern calls for (a cardigan normally isn't as wide as a coat). The pattern calls for 12 sts / 10 cm and I have 14. I needed to make changes to the pattern (like starting the bobbles for the flowers two rows earlier) to keep them from hiding themselves within the sideseams. And now having made some more rows I find that next time I knit this I would try for 16 sts per 10 cm. Just to have more scope for the flowers and leaves.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.