8/18/2014

journal update

it's been a while, since I showed you my brand new fauxdori. I still use and love it a lot. But one little thing bothered me. On Friday night I finally did something about it:
I realized that I only needed two journals in there. As much as I love all these full stuffed, packed midoris /travelers notebooks I see online, I needed to be self-critic and confess, I need just two!
But putting two notebooks into a midori isn't that easy. You can use an additional elastic to fix the second book to the first one, but that wasn't my cup of tea, too floppy. So I changed the elastic on my notebook to a thinner one. I threaded the new elastic twice to mimic two elastics and therefore have two strings to attach my notebooks. It works wonderfully :)

update_journal

now you might ask what I use my fauxdori for?
mainly as a diary mixed with some sketches and doodles and a few photos. The second notebook serves as my knitting/crochet notebook on the road. I have a few notebooks for all my wips but sometimes when I'm leaving the house it's nice to have it all in one place. So the second one gets filled with notes on exactly these projects, small ones, like coasters or my latest "butterfly project" (I will tell you more on this soon)

I'm not ready yet to let you get a clear view inside my books, but I'm sure I will add a few pics sooner or later

so long, have a wonderful week my lovelies

__________

ist schon ne Weile her, dass ich von meinem fauxdori erzählt hab. Nun ja, ich nutze es stetig und liebe es innig. Eins hat mich allerdings gestört. Und Freitag hab ich dann endlich was dagegen unternommen:
Ich musste einsehen, dass ich nur zwei Notizbücher da drinnen brauche. Egal wie sehr ich die Bilder der vollgestopften midoris die ich online so sehe auch liebe - ich brauche nur zwei Bücher! Allerdings ist es ungleich schwerer nur zwei Bücher in so ein midori reinzukriegen, klar kann ich ein extra Gummi nehmen und so das zweite am ersten befestigen, aber so richtig war das nichts für mich, einfach zu labberig. Also hab ich einfach mein Gummi ersetzt durch ein dünneres. Dieses hab ich dann zweimal durchgezogen und so quasi zwei Gummis geschaffen von denen jetzt jedes ein Notizbuch hält. So funktioniert es einwandfrei :)

Nun fragt ihr euch aber bestimmt was sind denn nun die beiden Notizbücher?
eins dient mir als Tagebuch, da wird reingeschrieben, gemalt und ab und an auch mal ein Foto eingeklebt. Das andere hab ich für "unterwegs Strick und Häkelprojekte". Ich hab dutzende Notizbücher für meine ganzen Wollarbeiten, aber dann das eine zu finden, was nun zu dem einen Projekt gehört, was ich grade mit zu meinem Freund nehme? Da war es einfacher einfach die Anleitungen / Details in ein extra Büchlein zu schreiben, gesagt getan!

Eins von diesen Projekten handelt übrigens von Schmetterlingen, aber da ein andern mal von mehr, bis dahin eine ganz tolle Woche für euch

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.