6/10/2009

on the road, again

leaving for Hannover once more this week, this time for a congress. If you want to know how my "party weekend" was, well it's not been the distraction or relief I had hoped for (when the man who broke your heart appears there too without letting you know in advance, you feel a slight electric shock, so did I and this resulted in alot of tears the last days, good thing is I now know that tears have the pH value of about 9, don't know if you ever wondered about this, but now I know)

Anyway I start to get over it and slowly but surely feel better and I wanted to show you what happens around here when I'm not at home. First: yarn arrives at the neighbours and now made itself comfortable in my room. This is Bouquet from SunnysideEllen, from etsy. She has awesome colorways and I fell in love with the green/pink one the minute I saw it. I want to make knee highs and after realizing I would need two skeins I started realizing that this might be the most expansive socks I will ever wear. But I needed it, I adore it and green and pink goes fantastic with my other wardrobe so I bought it. Now it's mine. I'm not sure yet which pattern to choose. I think the yarn is selfstriping and I want to show off both, the yarn and the knitting I put into these so I want a nice stitch pattern, also I think plain stockinette for a whole knee high sock might be a bit boring to make.


Next to my yarn there arrived seeds from all over the world, even malaysia, I didn't expected these to really make to my home since I know that it actually isn't really all that legal to import non-native plants, but they arrived so I don't feel guilty. I already started to put them into their new beds. Below you can see my mini-"greenhouses" for one key lime, one rangpur lime, one cherry sized chilie pepper and one normal sized which should be black, I'm curious about this one. Also I wonder how sweet the cherry sized one will be, it says sweet but what is sweet when compared to chili peppers?


And in case my crocheting friends started to wonder if I still crochet, yes I do!, I started thinking about a cute way to make an elefant. It's trunk gives me some head scratchers.

EDIT: oh I almost forgot, the icarus socks are growing. I printed the rounds of the first sock and knitted on the train on the second sock, so they are both about the same size now and almost finished. I really like how they turn out.

What I really love is how they look when not worn, how the lace pattern 'contracts' the front and how the wing design looks so organic, lovely!



I received mails if I might put out a pattern and though why not, although I need to warn you that this will not be a "real pattern", but more a good guide to create yous own, I have no idea how to write a complete sock pattern and don't want to mess around with sizing and gauges and how to make toes or heels, but I will include everything you will need to know about the shaping of the calf and what happens throughout the pattern that gives certain effects. But please bear with me, it will take a bit of time until I can put a pdf out.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.