5/14/2014

new supplies

Oooh yeah - my mailbox was full yesterday and the leather for my journal project arrived. And to pamper myself a little (I've been working like a maniac the last days) I went shopping today. I got a few new pens and watercolor brushes and a travel box for my half pan watercolors.

IMAG5548.jpg

It feels so damn good to know I will be drawing again. During the last few days I often caught myself smiling while realizing my mind was drawn to sketching ideas.

It's such a good feeling, almost like freedom, like going back to my roots. Very weird but very fascinating and satisfying at the same time. Awesome!

This new freedom when thinking about drawing also makes my "designing juices" flow again. I'm thinking about amigurumi cats. There is this new way of ears I want to try soon. I bet you will like it.

________

Ja! Ja! Ja, gestern war das bestellte Leder im Postkasten. Und, heute war ich ein bisschen shoppen und hab mir ein paar neue Stifte und Pinsel und nen Reisetuschkasten für meine Aquarellfarben besorgt. Ich bin super neugierig auf diese bläulichen Pinsel, die haben nämlich ein Wasserreservoir im Stiel, ist bestimmt extrem praktisch für unterwegs.

Dieses ganze endlich-wieder-malen Ding fühlt sich unglaublich gut an. So ein bisschen wie ein Befreiungsschlag, als ob ich zu meinen Wurzeln zurück kehren würde. Ganz komisch irgendwie. Neue Freiheit durchs zeichnen.

Und diese ganze neue Zeichenfreude lebt sich auch sehr spannend auf meine Amigurumi Designs aus. Grade schwirren mir Katzen durch den Kopf. Ich hab da eine Idee für Ohren, die ihr so bestimmt noch nicht gesehen habt ^__^

Bis bald -- Read you soon, Diana

4 Kommentare:

  1. I can't wait to see how your project with your Moleskine notebooks turns out! Out of all the journals I've used or checked out at stores, I like the feel of the paper in the Moleskines the best :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I really like the moleskine paper as well, it's pretty thin, but so far it behaves wonderfully. Didn't have any major bleed through

      Löschen
  2. I can very well understand your feelings Diana. Doing something we like to or what is associated with good memories, good time, good emotions - everyone shall do it!
    I can't wait to see what you draw and aww... cats! Please make them soon - I want to see.

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.