8/10/2010

a needle home in teal

Did you know I had a sewing machine and that I actually used to sew long before I started knitting or even crocheting again? Well I have and it was about time I used it once more. My old knitting needle cases were overfilled and I started "storing" my knitting needles in strange places like doorknobs *making skeptical face*

I used to have a classic needle roll for my double pointed needles and a three-fold-flap-over-needle case for my circulars, both I made ages ago and was a little disappointed right after finishing because they already were sort of overfilled even back then, when I only had one needle in each size. Nevertheless I never took the time to make a new one, not until now:

teal needle case closed

teal needle case open

It's inspired by the Della Q, which is a clever design but never featured all sizes I would need. I made ten smaller bags for my 2 mm to 4.5 mm needles and eight bigger bags for all circs with less flexible cables like 5 mm and all bigger sizes. Behind the actual needle cases I added two smaller pockets for my gauge and markers. The whole bag carries 35 circs at the moments and it definitely can carry even more. Below you can find some progress pictures:

teal needle case 1

teal needle case 2

teal needle case 3

teal needle case 4

teal needle case 5

teal needle case 6

teal needle case 7

teal needle case 8

teal needle case 9

it's not completely finished yet, I still need to add some numbered tags to the single pockets, but I want to iron them on so I can still do that whenever I find time for it

4 Kommentare:

  1. You should totally make some of these to sell in your shop! I've been trying to figure out what to do with the few needles I have. I sewed a crochet roll up for my hooks but since single point needles are so long I haven't yet decided what to do with them. Maybe when I figure out more knitting techniques I'll come up with an idea or maybe these cases will be sold in your shop by then...
    Have a great day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich hoffe auf ein Wiedersehen in Backnang. :-)

    Liebe Grüße von der

    Garnprinzessin

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.