1/06/2013

blooming

my afghan grows .. even if you take it literally ^__^

IMG_20130106_152454

and since I needed to order all the yarn for this new project and waiting for it to arrive felt like ages I even continued working on a blanket that's been sleeping on my couch for nearly two years: the Eichenlaub which made me feel like a chipmunk

for the flower squares I used the Crocodile sticth blocks by Joyce Lewis, but I made some alternations to them and also created a smaller version with only 5 petals to make the smaller flower squares, which I'm thinking to add as a pattern to the database but would ask the designer of the original square first

cheerio, Diana

4 Kommentare:

  1. I love your afghan! Using a very simple background stitch brings out and showcases the beautiful flowers! I would love to have the pattern so I might make one also.

    Great Job! I look forward to seeing the final piece!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. mmm...yummy afghan, Diana. flowers are wonderful! are you using acrylic or any other yarn blend?
    have a nice day!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. actually I'm using catania, which made me wonder about the weight in the end, since it's 100% cotton, but I guess a blanket type thing can be a bit heavy :)

      Löschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.