12/10/2013

window #10

adventcalendar2013_10

let's have some cookie-talk today, shall we?

like every year and I guess like everywhere around the globe I'm making cookies for Christmas too, my absol - wait for it - ute favorites are my Macadamia-Busserl, which I shared last year while making my advent calendar. This year they look like this:

macadamiabusserl

I flattened them this year which doesn't make them better. They are prefect anyways ^__^

_________

I also made Pecan-Cookies this year

pecancookie

recipe:

150 g soft butter
2 tablespoons oh honey
50 g confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon jamaican rum
270 g all purpose flour
a pinch of salt
80 g pecan nuts, finely chopped
another 100 g confectioners' sugar to decorate

mix soft butter with honey, confectioners' sugar and rum for about 3-4 minutes. Add flour, salt and chopped pecans. Mix and form a soft dough. Form small balls (1 tablespoon) and place on a baking sheet, slightly press the balls to flatten them.
Bake at 180°C for about 12 minutes, don't let them brown too much.
Meanwhile put rest of confectioners' sugar into a large bowl. When cookies are done, roll them in the confectioners' sugar while they're still hot. Put on a rack and let cool.

These cookies will get even better throughout the next days, so don't eat them all fresh from the oven - even if this is hard to resist, as they are a delight.

pecancookie1

if you make them, I'd love to see them, maybe share a picture on instagram #mygurumi?

cookie-hugs, Diana

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.